Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Quaking, by Kathryn Erskine

"I enjoyed this book from start to finish because it was very realistic . . . . I thank the author for making the first person a "gothic/own personality" character. There are many books that mention these kind of characters . . . but never puts them in the spotlight. (It was) a memorable story." Reviewed by Haejin, Jamestown Middle School

"This book really stirred up my emotions. I was able to feel Matt's battles with herself, bullies, and her past. She wanted to stay invisible . . . The anti-war element in the book adds to its eloquence." Reviewed by Nadia, Southeast High School

"This story was really touching. I think everyone can feel a connection to Matt - the outsider, the different one. . . . (It) had me in tears a few times, the pain was so realistic." Reviewed by Adrienne, Southeast High School

No comments: